• Thessaly La Force has been named features director. She most recently worked as editor in chief of Garage Magazine.
• Kurt Soller has been appointed articles editor. He joins the publication from Bon Appétit, where he was most recently features editor.
• Senior online editor Isabel Wilkinson has been promoted to digital director.
• Malina Joseph Gilchrist, most recently the magazine’s market director, has been promoted to women’s style director.
• Former features editor Alexa Brazilian has been promoted to fashion features director.
“T‘s Fall Women’s Fashion issue represents the best of what our audience has come to expect from the magazine: a vibrant mix of design, culture, travel and high fashion. We’re thrilled to welcome several new brands to our pages at a time when T readers are engaging more and more with our journalism,” said Elizabeth Webbe Lunny, vice president of luxury and publisher of T, in a statement. “With the introduction of new voices and fresh perspective to its pages, T will continue to elevate the magazine experience for brands, in print and digitally.”
Here are the rest of this week’s people on the move…
Jonathan Tepperman has been appointed editor-in-chief of Foreign Policy, a global magazine centered on news, politics and economics, starting his new role next month. Tepperman most recently worked as managing editor at Foreign Affairs.
Refinery29 has named Laia Garcia (pictured) senior fashion editor, where she will contribute to the expansion of the brand’s influencer network, fashion content and special projects. She was formerly deputy editor at Lenny.
Ogden Publications has hired Nancy Heeney as an online editorial assistant, where she will work across the company’s brands, building articles and assisting with video initiatives and digital editions.
Mia Libby has been named chief revenue officer of The Daily Beast, starting in October. Libby formerly worked as SVP, agency sales at Fusion/Gizmodo Media Group and formerly at Gawker Media.
Wired has hired Erin Griffith as senior writer. She joins the publication from Fortune, where she worked as senior writer, covering technology, startups, and venture capital.
Trusted Media Brands Inc. announced a series of additions to its digital team:
- Alexandra Rosario Kelly has been named digital editor of ReadersDigest.com. She formerly worked as the executive digital editor at Today Media and as a senior editor at The Huffington Post.
- Chantal Waldholz has been appointed as the organization’s first social media director. Waldholz previously served as the VP of social media at Wetpaint.
- Danny Debold was hired as senior product manager, advertising technology. He formerly worked as commercial product manager for Vice Media.
- Sally Jones is now editorial director for ReadersDigest.com. She formerly served as a data-driven content consultant at Brit + Co.
- Cara Cassens joins the organization as its new email newsletter product manager, formerly serving as the email marketing coordinator at Kohl’s.
- FamilyHandyman.com has named Well Leighton video producer.
- Alex Levin has been hired as SEO director. He formerly worked as SEO manager at Horizon Media.
Luxe Interiors + Design magazine has named Katie Brockman group publisher and chief revenue officer. She most recently served as associate publisher of Verdana.
Starting in early September, Eugene Scott joins Washington Post’s The Fix, as a reporter on the identity politics beat. He joins the publication from CNN Politics Digital, where he worked as a political reporter.
HuffPost has added two new hires. Tommy Craggs joins the publication as senior enterprise editor, while Luke O’Brien joins as a reporter, also working as contributing editor for Highline, a magazine section at the publication.
Karine Jean-Pierre has been named contributing editor for Bustle. Jean-Pierre is a political strategist, who works for MoveOn.org as its senior advisor and national spokesperson.
Tronc has named Ross Levinsohn as the new publisher and CEO of the LA Times. Levinsohn previously worked at Fox and most recently served as interim chief of Yahoo.