Blue OtterReal-Time Groupware for Real-World Publishing
Why Do You Need Blue Otter?
Because publishing today is so much more than ink on paper. It’s integrating traditional print publications with online presence through repurposed editorial and expanded art. It’s bringing added value to advertising clients through campaigns that include print ads, banner ads, and video. It’s creating spin-off publications that give brands greater depth. In today’s highly competitive media market, publishers need tools that embrace creative Internet-based strategies.
Blue Otter is publishing "groupware";a collaborative software solution that streamlines product cycles, improves prepress efficiencies, integrates print and online efforts, and reduces overhead costs. Blue Otter is not a content management system. It’s groupware that works with your existing software to help your staff work more efficiently and manage the entire production cycle better.
- Created specifically for the publishing industry
- Compatible with most publishing software output formats
- Allows staff to work both individually and collaboratively
- Allows staff to be located anywhere with Internet access
- Cuts production time
- Provides for real-time resolution of production issues
- Improves recruitment and retention
- Real-Time Collaboration Conduct meetings and work sessions with video and audio in real time over the corporate LAN (local area network) and public Internet.
- Mediaboard for Working Both Individually and Collaboratively Review and annotate any media;text, images, video.
- High-Resolution Sequential Page Views Digitally thumb through issues in progress.
- Application Sharing Share virtually any desktop application.
No Long-Term Contractual Commitment
Blue Otter is IP-based groupware that you customize to fit your needs. It’s a subscription-based system that you access over your LAN or the public Internet from any desktop or laptop computer. Blue Otter is scalable to your needs. You decide how many IDs to purchase;increase or decrease that number from month to month to suit your workflow and growth.
Each User ID is Only $75 Per Month
Blue Otter is available through Proximity Publishing Systems and costs as little as $75 per month per user, plus a one-time set-up fee. We offer two network architecture options. Option One is an externally hosted service, ideal for a geographically distributed staff linked by the Internet. Option Two gives you your own Blue Otter Box;an internal server for your exclusive use that allows virtually unlimited internal usage without straining your company’s external Internet bandwidth. Whichever Option you choose, we’ll work with you and your staff to get started, and provide complete training through online sessions and videos on our Web site.
Blue Otter groupware solutions are installed and implemented by Proximity Publishing Systems, a service of Telework Consortium, Inc. www.teleworkconsortium.org.