The Folio: Digital Awards is the industry’s top honor in the digital space, recognizing the people, products, platforms and strategies that position our Publishing Community for a successful future. All publishers of digital content are eligible to enter: b2b, consumer, association, city & regional publications and more.
The early entry deadline is December 11 with a final entry deadline of December 18. Winners and honorable mentions will be honored at an Awards Lunch in NYC in April 2019.
To get in the nominating spirit, you can check out last year’s Digital Award Winners here.
For general questions about the Folio: Digital Awards or for assistance in entering, contact Jessica Dombrowski at email@example.com or 203-899-8436.
- Digital Activation (NEW) – Awarded to an integrated campaign aimed at generating audience engagement which may include but is not limited to: Awards, Contests, Event Registrations or content interactions.
- Digital Archive – Honoring the brand that makes the best use of its evergreen content assets in a digital environment.
- Digital Brand Extension –Recognizing a new content channel or digital product that created an additional revenue source or audience for a brand.
- Digital Magazine – Celebrating the best digital magazine based on overall content mix, design, user experience and monetization model.
- Digital Excellence – Honoring the best digital brand that maximizes all of its platforms and assets.
- Digital Momentum Awards – Recognizing the brand who illustrates stunning year-over-year improvements. Finalists should be able to prove increased traffic, engagement, social following or revenue.
- Ecommerce Integration – Honoring a site’s effective sale of affiliate products and other offerings, branded or partner merchandise, event or online subscriptions.
- eLearning Product/Series – Awarded to an eLearning Product or Series that can illustrate success in serving the needs of its target audience and carving out a new stream of revenue.
- Integration with Print – Honoring the best cross-promotion and cross-pollination between print and online products.
- Interactive Marketing or Advertising Campaign (NEW) – Recognizing an integrated campaign aimed at generating interaction with your audience for an advertiser or partner. We’ll look at customization and depth of program, ROI for the advertiser and how effectively the publisher married the goals of the advertiser with the interests of their audience.
- Lead Gen Campaign (NEW) – Honors the most creative use of marketing and content to generate quality leads for internal or external initiatives.
- Microsite/Custom Website – Recognizing outstanding online special sections or digital offshoots—sponsored or not—by a media website. Judges will consider content, design, positioning of sponsor(s) (if applicable) and overall success (traffic and revenue) of this microsite.
- New Digital Product – Recognizing the best new digital product that has transformed your business model. Products can include, but are not limited to: a website, app, microsite, data product, proprietary algorithms and more.
- Subscription/Paid Content Product (NEW) – Awarded to the publisher with the strongest subscription or paid content product. Judges will take into account: quality of content, additional subscriber/member perks and audience engagement. Read testimonials, a plus.
- Use of AI/Machine Learning or Bots – Honoring the brand who is finding the best use case for these emerging technologies.
- User Experience –The winner of Best User Experience will balance innovative design principles with quantifiable engagement metrics that prove users are engaged with your site.
- Video (NEW) – Recognizes the publisher who best leverages the power and reach of its video product or series. Judges will take into account customization and depth of program and return on investment for advertisers.
- Virtual Event (NEW) – Awarded to the best publisher-produced Virtual Event. Entrants who can demonstrate high audience engagement and illustrate ROI for participants/advertisers will take home top honors.
- Website Redesign/Relaunch – This award recognizes sites that have executed a total overhaul of a site, with added functionality and features, and a positive audience reaction.
- Audience Engagement/Community Manager (NEW) – Awarded to an individual who can demonstrate quantifiable engagement growth and a true understanding of their audience/community.
- Digital Executive of the Year – Recognizing a digital executive (from any department) who stands out as an innovator and visionary and has demonstrated measurable success in his or her discipline.
- Digital Hall of Fame – This category recognizes an overall career body of work with a concentration on digital media achievements.
- Digital Team of the Year – The Digital Team of the Year will be judged on their contributions to their magazine brand’s web initiatives; their creativity, resourcefulness, mastery of digital media and success in the past year executing digital goals.
- Product Team of the Year – Honoring the product team that has developed and maintained the very best digital products in magazine media.
Who Should Enter?
This program is open to all publishers of digital content—whether they are b2b or b2c magazines, association publications, city & regional publications, ontent marketing publications, online-only websites and more.
To be eligible, the site, product, program or campaign must have been live (either in part or full) over the last 12 calendar months (between December 1, 2017 and December 1, 2018). Some of the work must have occurred during this time, but it’s not necessary for it to be completed during the eligibility period. Your campaign/program can still be in progress in 2018 and beyond.
The price of each primary entry is $375. If you submit the same entry into multiple categories, the additional fee is $325 per category.
There’s a late entry surcharge of $150 per entry, if entries are submitted after Tuesday, December 11.
Payment in full must accompany the entry. All entries are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Early Deadline – Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Final Deadline – Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Contact Jessica Dombrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-899-8436.