Condé, Time Inc. Lead Digital Awards Nominees
Finalists of MPA's third annual program announced.
Nominees for the Magazine
Publishers of America’s third annual Digital Awards have been announced. And,
as usual, Time Inc. and Condé Nast-owned
properties dominate the field of finalists.
Categories include Web site of the
year (in which Time Inc.’s Entertainment Weekly, People and Sports Illustrated swept
the entertainment portion), magazine blog of the year, best online video, best
podcast, best mobile strategy, best online community and best magazine e-store.
Winners will be announced during the fifth annual Magazines 24/7
Digital Conference on March 3 in New York.
The full list of finalists:
WEB SITES OF THE YEAR
Web site of the Year: News, Business & Finance
Web site of the Year: Entertainment
Web site of the Year: Enthusiast
Web site of the Year: Service & Lifestyle
BLOG OF THE YEAR
BEST ONLINE VIDEO – STANDALONE
- National Geographic Magazine "Searching for the Snow Leopard"
- PC World "iPhone 3G Torture Tests"
- Vanity Fair "On the Waterboard"
BEST ONLINE VIDEO – SERIES
- National Geographic Magazine’s "Fast Lane to the Future"
- Newsweek’s "The Mind of the South"
- TIME.com’s "Person of the Year 2008"
BEST PODCAST SERIES
BEST WEB-ONLY TOOL
- Bicycling.com’s "GPS Maps and Rides Channel"
- National Geographic’s "My Shot Tools"
- Parenting and Babytalk’s "Child Health Guide"
BEST ONLINE COMMUNITY
BEST MOBILE STRATEGY
BEST MAGAZINE E-STORE