Takeaway: Actively monitoring the competition, Nicole Vogel has been able to expand her network of city and specialty titles across the Western U.S.
Articles by FOLIO: Magazine Staff
• Thrillist has turned its city-based lifestyle newsletters into e-commerce engines with men’s shopping club, JackThreads. The e-retailer is approaching 5 million members.
• Bankoff took over Vox in 2011 after a successful stay at AOL where he acquired tech blog Engadget and launched Hollywood gossip brand, TMZ.
• Mamone’s team purchased and relaunched digital home décor title Lonny, leading to a 10-fold increase in monthly traffic.
Takeaway: Video is the way forward for Bonnier after a series of tough decisions focused on the future.
• Allbritton sold off a portion of its local TV empire for $985 million in July with the intent to invest in pureplay media.
• Williams joined Abrams in May, coming from Business Insider where she served as SVP of business and audience development.
• Formerly the CFO of Time Inc., Ripp was named Laura Lang’s successor in July, officially taking the position in September.
• Uzac oversees 12 properties with more than 200 employees in 10 countries. The network generates over 30 million unique monthly visitors, led by flagship brand, the International Business Times.