New York – We asked them for five, and they gave us ten. At the 2011 FOLIO: Show today, Golf Digest associate editor Ashley Mayo and Summit Business Media group editorial director James Green shared some of the best content tools to manage workflow. Here’s what made the cut for social media, tracking and team sharing tools.
1. Chartbeat: A real-time web analytics tool monitors consumer traffic, social sharing, etc.
2. Storify: A tool that assists in curating social media. Using Storify’s search interface, users are able to drag and drop socially shared information while retaining integrity of the original social post.
3. Hootsuite: A social media dashboard to manage several social networking accounts through one platform.
4. Instapaper: A tool that saves a web page for later access, available for computers, the iPhone, iPad and the Kindle.
5. bitly Enterprise: While this premium version of bitly comes at a cost (available for $995 a month), the enterprise package provides historical data along with real-time tracking of socially shared stories.
6. SurveyMonkey: A free online survey software and questionnaire tool.
7. Twiangulate: A tool monitoring connections between Twitter followers, and those who follow them.
8. Basecamp: A project management software for collaborative efforts.
9. Google Docs: Share and manage documents; allows multiple users to access and update a document.
10. Google Alerts: Track your subject matter, and track your brand through aggregated emails.