Visit Your Printer
Publishers Press Monthly Printer's Tip
There is no better way to become acquainted with the printing process and understand how your magazine gets produced than straight from the source. That’s why planning a trip to visit your printer is a good idea. Some printers even offer in-depth classes at their facilities to teach customers about their process and help them become better acquainted with their procedures.
Below are some of the benefits to visiting your printer:
- Visiting your printer helps you form better relationships with your service team and other people who produce your publication.
- If other publishers are scheduled to attend when you are, you’ll be able to provide input, give advice, and share ideas with them.
- You’ll become more familiar with the printing process and how your magazine is produced.
- You can talk to your printer about any concerns, get ideas on how to become more efficient in your workflow, and discover ways to improve efficiencies.
- Most importantly, your printer can share some cost-saving tips specific to your publication and processes.
You’ll learn more information about the company in general, such as its history, past accomplishments or milestones, and any new innovations or processes in the works.
Talk to your printer about scheduling a trip, or see if they offer educational classes or seminars that would be beneficial to your business.