This is Publishing’s Next New Hope? How Depressing
An alternative strategy for the 21st Century.
Dearie me. How depressing.
How about this for an alternative 21st century publishing strategy?
1. Buy what you can afford.
2. Maintain a reasonably diversified portfolio.
3. Understand the importance of long-term editorial relationships versus word counts.
4. Don’t publicly disparage your journalists’ desire to write well-crafted copy.
5. Pay attention to integrated media including print.
6. Keep substantially more than 60 percent of your staff happy.
In a 15 trillion dollar economy, that’ll work.