People on the Move | 7.19.07
Wenner Media has promoted Rolling Stone’s Ray Chelstowski to publisher. Chelstowski joined RS in 2006 as associate publisher after spending a decade at Time Inc.’s Entertainment Weekly. He replaces Tim Castelli, who resigned earlier this week to join Google as New York sales director.
Swedish media group Bonnier Corporation has appointed former Time designer Marti Golon as group creative director for Caribbean Travel & Life. In addition to being responsible for the magazine’s creative direction, design and layout, she will lead a redesign for the January issue. At Time for two decades, Golon led the design of the Person of the Year special issue and the Time 100 issue.
Jay Schultz has returned to b-2-b publisher ICD Publications as senior vice president of the Hospitality Group. After 14 years with the company, Schultz left ICD in 2006 to become president of Nielsen Business Media’s Hospitality Design.
Meredith Corporation has named Lee Slattery as publisher of Fitness. Lee, who most recently served as vice president and publisher of Golf for Women, replaces Wendi Berger.
Beth Brandes Roth is Working Mother magazine’s new beauty and fashion director for advertising sales. Roth was most recently beauty director at CosmoGIRL! magazine where she oversaw new business development.
Greenspun Media Group has promoted Thom Wise to editor of Las Vegas Life, and named Leslie Frisbee editor of Las Vegas Magazine. Wise, who joined GMG in 2005, was previously a restaurant and theater critic for the Rocky Mountain News. Frisbee was most recently vice president of content for Onsite Network, a Chicago-based national television/internet convergence network.
More magazine has named Gail Kim its new beauty director/advertising. Kim, who most recently was beauty director at Glamour, will be responsible for expanding the magazine’s largest advertising sales category. Kim replaces former beauty director Karen Rogala, who is leaving the magazine.
Ernie Renzulli has been named publisher of Sherman’s Travel magazine. Renzulli has served as publisher of a number of titles including Golf Illustrated, Golf Magazine and Absolute New York. Renzulli is replacing Alan Stiles, who will continue to serve as a consultant.
Interweave Press has announced a number of personnel changes:
▪ David Federman has been named as editor-in-chief of Colored Stone. Most recently, Federman was executive editor of Modern Jeweler. He replaces Morgan Beard who has left the company.
▪ Danielle Fox has been promoted to editor of Stringing and the Beadwork magazine Special Issue Publications. Fox was formerly managing editor of Beadwork.
▪ Melinda Barta has been named managing editor of Beadwork, Stringing, and the Beadwork magazine Special Issue Publications. Barta previously was assistant managing editor of Beadwork. Before that, she was project editor of PieceWork.
▪ Michelle Mach is the new editor of Beading Daily, the company’s online beading community, blog and e-newsletter. She was previously a Web marketing coordinator for Interweave Press.
▪ Amy Rineheart has been hired as marketing manager of the Beading Market Group. Over two decades, Rineheart has held editorial positions with VeloPress and the University Press of Colorado, and marketing positions with The Christian Science Monitor and WWL-TV (New Orleans).
▪ Lisa Shroyer has been named editor of Knitscene. Shroyer joined Interweave Press in 2005 and will continue to hold her current position as senior editor of Interweave Knits.
▪ Laura Rintala has been hired as managing editor of Interweave Knits, Interweave Crochet, and Knitscene magazines. Most recently, Rintala was the managing editor of Craftrends.
▪ Katie Himmelberg has been named the styling editor of Knitscene, in addition to her position as assistant editor of Interweave Knits.
▪ Sandi Wiseheart has been named the editor of Knitting Daily, Interweave’s new online beading community, blog, and e-newsletter. Previously, she was managing editor of Interweave Knits.
▪ Toni Rexroat is the new assistant editor of Interweave Crochet. She was previous the assistant editor of PieceWork.