People On The Move | 7.11.13
Glam Media, InformationWeek, The Daily Meal and more...
UBM Tech’s Information Week announced the hiring of four new editors and one promotion:
• Wyatt Kash joins as editor of InformationWeek Government. Kash was previously part of an AOL startup team.
• Shane O’Neill joins as managing editor. He had been assistant managing editor at CIO.com.
• Alexandra Rudansky joins as associate editor of InformationWeek Healthcare. She is a recent graduate of Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism.
• Kristin Burnham joins as senior editor. Burnham had most recently served as senior writer at CIO.com.
• James Donahue has been promoted to managing editor. He was previously copy chief at InformationWeek.
Glam Media, Inc. has made several additions to its sales team throughout the country:
• Leah Corselli has been hired as vice president, sales for the West Coast. She previously led sales teams for USA Today and Say Media.
• Theresa Boras has been named director of East Coast sales. She brings experience from her positions at AOL, CBS Interactive and Fairfax Media.
• Christine Clark has been promoted to senior vice president of U.S. sales. She has spent the last five years at Glam Media.
• Kari King has been promoted to vice president, U.S. sales-Central & West. King brings experience from her leadership position at Dotomi, Inc.
Hearst Men’s Group has named Lisa Boyars to the position of executive director, group marketing. Boyars had been working for Condé Nast Media Group since 2007.
Sara Gaenzler has been named sales director at The Daily Meal. Gaenzler had been a senior account executive with digital ad-tech company, SocialVibe.
Stacy Nathan has been named advertising director at Allure. Nathan had previously been advertising director at Marie Claire. Stacy Bettman has been promoted to associate publisher at Allure where she had been advertising director.
Mike Smith has been named vice president, revenue platforms and operations, at Hearst Magazines Digital Media. He was formerly president of Forbes.com and chief digital officer at Forbes Media.
IEEE Spectrum has named Stephen Cass as senior editor. He was previously special projects editor at Technology Review.
Priscilla Rodriguez was named associate editor, digital, at Latina Media Ventures. She had been a freelance writer and editor there.
Tom Finkel has been named editor at The Village Voice. He was previously editor at Riverfront Times.
Reddit has named Victoria Taylor as director of communications. She was formerly digital account executive at ID.
Emma Parry has been named literary agent at Janklow & Nesbit Associates. She was freelance writer and editor with the company.
Melissa Mahony has been named senior editor, online, at OnEarth. She had been associate editor, online, with the company. OnEarth has also named Susan Cosier as online managing editor. She was formerly senior editor/web manager at G.