People on the Move | 11.2.07
wo new publishers have been named at American Express Publishing:
▪ J.P. Kyrillos has been appointed vice president and publisher of Travel + Leisure. Most recently he was vice president and publisher of Food & Wine. He replaces Julie McGowan, who had been with American Express Publishing for 12 years.
▪ Former Food & Wine vice president and associate editor Christina Grodvic Baltz has been named publisher. Baltz joined the magazine in 1996.
Time Inc. has announced a number of personnel changes:
▪ In addition to his previous responsibilities, executive vice present John Squires will now oversee Grupo Editorial Expansion in Mexico and the Synapse Group.
▪ Jeff Blatt has been named chief executive office of Time Inc. subsidiary the Synapse Group, Inc. Blatt most recently served as president of Time Direct Ventures. He replaces Jon Ellenthal who has left the company.
▪ Managing Time Inc.’s legal functions is Maurice Edelson who has been appointed general counsel and vice president. Previously he served as senior vice president of strategic planning.
▪ Howard Rosen has been named president of production and fulfillment operations. Most recently he was senior vice president and controller.
▪ Former vice president of paper and digital development Guy Gleysteen has been named senior vice president of production. Gleysteen will report to Howard Rosen.
▪ Senior executives Barry Meinerth, John Redpath and Joe Mayfield have retired.
Rodale has named former Real Simple executive editor Jenny Sucov as editorial director of Prevention magazine’s special interest publications. Sucov, a former FOLIO: reatures editor, will oversee 16 publications next year and 12 of something the company calls bookazines for Prevention, Women’s Health and Men’s Health.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia has announced a number of staff changes:
▪ Gregory Barton has been named general counsel and secretary. Barton joins the company from Ziff Davis Media.
▪ Former Yahoo! vice president of worldwide sales strategies and solutions Jacki Kelley has been appointed executive vice president of media sales.
▪ Consultant Lee Hefferman has been named to the full-time position of senior vice president of integrated marketing.
▪ Tom Barreca has been named senior vice president of digital and emerging media. He joins Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia from World Wrestling Entertainment.
Children’s fashion professional Gay Morris Empson has joined Working Mother as fashion director. Empson will direct the publication of three children’s fashion editorial features in 2008 and will contribute additional children’s fashion content throughout the year.