People on the Move | 11.14.13
New hires at Lucky, Condé Nast Traveler, Fortune and more…
David LaMarca was named digital sales director of Health, a newly created role. LaMarca joins Health from PopSugar, where he recently served as fashion & retail director.
Mike Jarvis joined Stagnito Media as brand manager for its directories division. Jarvis was previously the publisher and general manager at Chain Store Guides.
Katia Kuethe has joined Lucky as creative director. She previously served as senior director of creative at Kate Spade.
Beth Shugg, previously associate editor of Carolina Parent, has replaced Cricket Gibbons as editor.
Carrie Sheffield was hired as a columnist for Forbes.com. She was most recently a financial analyst at Moody’s and Goldman Sachs.
Matt Lynch has joined Capital New York as a senior editor. Lynch previously served as eye editor at Women’s Wear Daily.
Jane Francisco was appointed editor-in-chief of Good Housekeeping. Since 2009, Francisco was editor-in-chief of Chatelaine.
Meredith Corporation announced senior leadership promotions within its National Media Group:
- Christine Guilfoyle was promoted to SVP and publisher of Better Homes and Gardens, and group publisher of Meredith Women’s Group. Most recently, Guilfoyle served as VP and group publisher for Every Day with Rachael Ray.
- Tony Imperato was promoted to VP and managing director of Meredith 360°. Most recently, Imperato has served as the VP and publisher for Better Homes and Gardens.
- Steve Bohlinger was promoted to publisher of Every Day with Rachael Ray. His experience includes serving as VP and publisher of Cooking Light magazine, VP and publisher of Cottage Living, and associate publisher of Food Network magazine.
Sam Baker was appointed to lead National Journal’s new Health Care channel. He previously covered health care and the Supreme Court for The Hill.
Nicole Catanese joined HarpersBazaar.com as the beauty and health editor. She most recently worked as the fitness director at Self.
Condé Nast Traveler saw two staff changes:
- Hanya Yanagihara, previously editor-at-large, was promoted to executive editor.
- Lindsay Talbot joined as a senior editor. Most recently she was a senior features editor at Harper’s Bazaar.