People on the Move | 11.13.14
Women's Health, Maxim, BuzzFeed and more...
Travel + Leisure made three editorial appointments:
- Gretchen Smelter was named the magazine’s creative director. She’d been creative director for Women’s Health previously.
- Jesse Ashlock was hired as features director. Ashlock had most recently served as online director of T: The New York Times Style Magazine.
- Jane Bishop was named style director. She’d been creative director for Jean Stories, a website she co-founded last year.
Marîa Cristina Marrero was promoted to group content chief for Meredith Hispanic Media. Marerro had been serving as editor-in-chief of Siempre Mujer since 2008.
Hearst Digital Media has hired Jane Frye as managing editor of editorial operations. Frye had been deputy managing editor for The Daily Beast since 2013.
Women’s Health made two digital hires:
- Elizabeth Webbe Lunny was named associate publisher of integrated sales. Lunny had been VP of integrated sales and marketing for TLE.
- Lisa Chudnofsky was appointed site director. She’d been working as managing editor of MTV News previously.
Aaron Gell was named editorial director for Maxim. He’d been features editor for Business Insider.
BuzzFeed has hired Tessa Gould as vice president of ad innovation and monetization. Gould had been director of native ad products for The Huffington Post.
Steven Berg has joined Democrat Printing & Lithographing’s national sales team. Berg had been at Brown Printing Co. for 28 years.