People on the Move | 10.3.13
New hires at Seventeen, The Fader, Martha Stewart Weddings and more…
The Cut hired Kathleen Hou as its beauty editor to over see all beauty and wellness content. Previously, Hou was an editor for e-commerce start-up The Upswing.
Seventeen Magazine expanded its staff:
• Brittany Burke joined as senior editor from RedBook Magazine where she was associate editor.
• Kristin Koch was promoted to deputy site editor from freelance editor.
• Lindsay Schallon is now features editor after leaving her senior associate editor post at StyleBistro.
Ellen Carucci, most recently launch publisher for Modern Farmer quarterly, joined Rodale’s Organic Gardening as the title’s first New York-based publisher.
TechMedia Network, Inc. appointed Fritz Nelson to editor-in-chief overseeing Tom’s Hardware U.S. and Tom’s IT Pro U.S. and Mark Spoonauer to editor-in-chief of Tom’s Guide U.S. Chris Angelini, former worldwide editor-in-chief of Tom’s Hardware, will assume the role of editorial director for the company.
Martha Stewart Weddings announced upper management changes:
• Kate Berry was promoted to the title’s creative director from style director.
• Eleni Gage joined as executive editor, having previously worked at Allure, Elle and InStyle.
• Melissa Foss was hired as beauty director. She was previously senior beauty editor at Harper’s Bazaar.
The Fader adds a trio of new hires:
• Jessica Robertson joins as executive editor and will oversee all day-to-day operations. Previously, she served in roles at MTV Hive and AOL’s Spinner.com.
• Eavvon S. O’Neal, former producer Pitchfork TV, was appointed to the newly created senior video producer position and will spearhead video content development.
• Steven Aguiar is also in a new post. As social media manager he will develop and manage site communities across social platforms.
Destination I Do magazine announced three new sales hires. Glenn Karaban of Karaban Media Services will now handle the title’s Northeast and Caribbean territories. Scott Rickles and Dan Tomkiewicz of Rickles & Co. will take charge of its Southeast region.
Brian Kennedy promoted to associate publisher at Us Weekly from his former role as advertising director.
People magazine promoted Gary Stewart to co-deputy design director. Previously, he served as art director of tablets for the company.