People on the Move | 09.13.07
Money magazine has announced a few personnel changes:
· Paul Lim has returned to Money—where he started as a reporter a decade ago—as a senior editor. Most recently he served as chief financial correspondent for US News & World Report.
· Janice Revell takes post as senior writer. Revell spent five years as a writer and columnist for Fortune before taking her most recent position at McKinsey, where she studied consumer attitudes towards retirement.
· Donna Rosato has been promoted to senior writer. Most recently Rosato served as the magazine’s resident consumer advocate and covered the travel beat. Before joining Money in 2003, Rosato was a staff writer at USA Today.
Billboard magazine has promoted two staff members:
· Executive editor/associate publisher Tamara Conniff will now work as group editorial director.
· Bill Werde, a former deputy editor, will serve as executive editor.
Portfoliohas announced a couple of personnel changes:
· Hilary Stout has been named senior editor. Prior to this post, Stout worked for nineteen years at The Wall Street Journal, most recently as one of the founding editors of “Personal Journal.”
· Fellow WSJ staffer and Pulitzer Prize winner Dan Golden has also been named a senior writer. At the WSJ, Golden was deputy chief of the Boston bureau.
ALM has promoted two of its staff members:
Kevin Vermeulen will take over as senior vice president of ALM’s Conference and Trade Show Division, replacing Stuart Williams who resigned to pursue other interests, while continuing in his position as corporate vice president of sales. Until this promotion, Vermeulen had been group publisher at ALM since 1998.
Stephen Lincoln will be vice president of advertising for ALM’s legal division. Lincoln has been with ALM since 1997, most recently as publisher of The National Law Journal and as vice president of sales and marketing for the company’s legal newspaper group.
Linda Vaughan is Business Traveler’s new publisher. Formerly, Vaughan was a publisher for PRIMEDIA. During her 14 years there, she was responsible for Soap Opera Digest and Soap Opera Weekly. She has also worked for Children’s Television Workshop and Gannett.
Donna Dorian has been named editor of Bonnier Corporation’s Garden Design. She has been the magazine’s style editor for since 2001. Before that, she was part of the art and poetry departments at The New Yorker.
Los Angeles Magazine has named Amy Saralegui publisher. Before joining LA Magazine, Saralegui served as advertising director for Texas Monthly since 2003.
Stephen Koenig has joined Interweave Press as book publisher and vice president of marketing and sales. For the last five years, Koenig has worked at F+W Publications, most recently as director of sales in the book division.
After seven years as senior editor at Reed Business Information’s Packaging Digest, Anne Marie Mohan has joined Summit Publishing’s Packaging World, also as senior editor.
Jim Patterson, formerly senior account executive at USA Weekend, has joined Guideposts magazine as senior account manager–a newly-created position responsible for accounts ranging from pharmaceuticals to packaged goods.