MPA Executive Committee, Board of Directors Outline 2006 Goals
The plan outlines six essential categories that will be concentrated on, as well as explanations of individual goals and what MPA plans on doing in pursuit to reach those goals. Link says the ideas come from MPA’s annual retreat with its board in January, as well as member suggestions. "We are always getting member feedback," says Link. "Our communication with our members gives us a good sense of the issues they are dealing with, so it is certainly based on feedback from our members and our board, which represent our members, large and small."
The 2006 goals include:
1. Ad Marketing/MMC: Create a buzz around print magazine and magazine events showing the power of the medium of magazines as a source of advertising through research and materials and positive press coverage.
2. Measurement: Keep the measurement issue in the spotlight by encouraging timely ABC/BPA reporting and explore ways to develop more efficient measurement standards comparable to other media along with better audience measures.
3. Consumer Marketing: Develop programs to protect current and encourage emerging channels of distribution.
4. Government Affairs: Deal with multiple legislative, regulatory and litigation challenges at federal and state levels.
5. Digital: Develop programs that explore digital growth opportunities for magazines, promote consumer magazine digital activities and provide best practices and research insights.