Glamour’s Leive Re-Elected ASME President (Posted 4/30)
Cynthia Leive, editor-in-chief of Glamour, has been re-elected president of the American Society of Magazine Editors. Leive has served on the board of the editorial arm of the MPA since 2001, when she also became Glamour’s top editor.
Leive was previously a two-term ASME vice president before being elected president last year, replacing outgoing president and Newsweek editor Mark Whitaker.
Roberta Myers, editor-in-chief of Elle, replaces Texas Monthly editor-in-chief Evan Smith as vice president. Adam Moss, editor-in-chief of New York Magazine and former treasurer, will fill Myers’s open secretary seat. And Runner’s World editor-in-chief David Willey has been elected treasurer.
Each officer is elected for a one-year term and can be nominated for a second one-year term.
New board members include:
- Betty Cortina, editorial director, Latina
- Lucy Danziger, editor-in-chief, Self
- Hugh Delehanty, editor-in-chief, AARP the Magazine
- Rosemary Ellis, editor-in-chief, Good Housekeeping
- Eric Schurenberg, managing editor, Money
- Richard David Story, editor-in-chief, Departures