The Folio: Digital Awards is the industry’s top honor in the digital space, recognizing outstanding social media, web and mobile initiatives among publishers of digital content—whether they are b2b, b2c, association, online-only publications and more. The early entry deadline is December 12, 2017, with a final deadline of December 19, 2017. Winners and honorable mentions will be honored at an Awards Lunch in NYC in April 2018.
- App – Recognizing the most innovative mobile app products—based on user experience, design and utility or entertainment.
- Digital Brand Extension – Recognizing a new content channel or digital product that created an additional revenue source or audience for a brand.
- Digital Edition – Recognizing the best digital magazine based on overall content mix, design, user experience and monetization model.
- Digital Excellence – Honoring the best digital brand that maximizes all of its platforms and assets.
- Digital Momentum Award – Recognizing the brand who illustrates stunning year-over-year improvements. Finalists should be able to prove increased traffic, engagement, social following or revenue.
- Data Visualization – Best presentation of data through visual aids—static or interactive.
- Ecommerce – Recognizing a site’s effective use of online sales of subscriptions, events, affiliate products and other offerings, including magazine-branded merchandise.
- E-letter Design – Recognizing the email newsletter that features innovative design, which provably enhances user experience and engagement.
- Integration with Print – Honoring the best cross-promotion and cross-pollination between print and online products.
- Microsite/Custom Website– Recognizing outstanding online special sections or digital offshoots—sponsored or not—by a magazine website. Judges will consider content, design, positioning of sponsor(s) (if applicable) and overall success (traffic and revenue) of this microsite.
- Mobile Site Design – Recognizing the mobile site with the best design, which promotes a better user experience and more engagement.
- New Digital Product – Recognizing the best new digital product that has transformed your business model. Products can include, but are not limited to: a website, app, microsite, data product, proprietary algorithms and more.
- Podcast – Recognizing the best of the best in the spoken-word format.
- Use of Archives – Honoring the brand who makes the best use of its evergreen content assets in a digital environment.
- Use of AI/Machine Learning – Honoring the brand who is finding the best use case for these emerging technologies.
- User Experience–The winner of Best User Experience will balance innovative design principles with quantifiable engagement metrics that prove users are engaged with your site.
- Website Redesign– This award recognizes sites that have executed a total overhaul of a site, with added functionality and features, and a positive audience reaction.
- Website Launch – A quality new website, featuring cutting edge technologies that publishers should envy and replicate.
- Digital Hall of Fame – This category recognizes an overall career body of work with a concentration on digital media achievements. (Previous min Hall of Fame inductees will not be considered)
- Digital Executive of the Year – Recognizing a digital executive (from any department) who stands out as an innovator and visionary and has demonstrated measurable success in his or her discipline.
- Digital Team of the Year – The Digital Team of the Year will be judged on their contributions to their magazine brand’s web initiatives; their creativity, resourcefulness, mastery of digital media and success in the past year executing digital goals.
- Digital Editor of the Year – Honoring a digital editor who has led his or her team to measurable excellence. The winning candidate should also be creative, innovative and have a deep understanding of digital publishing.
- Social Media Genius – Individuals who have used social media and blogging to notably expand distribution of content and establish both a media brand and themselves with entirely new audiences.
- Product Developer of the Year – Honoring an individual who demonstrates that he or she is the very best product manager/director, engineer or designer in magazine media.
- Product Team of the Year – Honoring the product team that has developed and maintained the very best digital products in magazine media.
Who Should Enter?
This program is open to publishers of digital content—whether they are b2b or b2c magazines, association publications, content marketing publications, online-only websites and more.
To be eligible, the site, program or campaign must have taken place (either in part or full) over the last 12 calendar months (between December 1, 2016 and December 1, 2017). Some of the work must have occurred during this time, but it’s not necessary for it to be completed during the eligibility period. Your campaign/program can still be in progress in 2017 and beyond.
The price of each primary entry is $325. If you submit the same entry into multiple categories, the additional fee is $275 per category.
There’s a late entry surcharge of $75 per entry, if entries are submitted after Tuesday, December 12.
Payment in full must accompany the entry. All entries are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Entry Deadline – Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Late Deadline – Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Contact Jessica Coonan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-899-8436.