Articles by FOLIO: Magazine Staff
• Yahoo has been on an acquisition tear under Mayer, buying more than 20 companies since she was named CEO last year, including Tumblr for $1.1 billion in May.
Takeaway: Utility and frequency are paramount as Penton transforms from a traditional b-to-b media company into a professional information services unit.
• Hanley Wood made key buys in data services and events with the purchases of market research firm, Metrostudy, and the Greenbuild International Expo.
• Moffly relaunched the regional media company’s sites this summer, leading to an immediate 5-percent bump in traffic.
• Virgo filled gaps in education services under Siefert, including the launch of the Infection Control Today Digital Summit.
• Launching mobile websites, mobile-optimized newsletters and apps across their product lines in the past year, Carter has been pursuing a digital-first model for ALM.
Takeaway: Actively monitoring the competition, Nicole Vogel has been able to expand her network of city and specialty titles across the Western U.S.
• Thrillist has turned its city-based lifestyle newsletters into e-commerce engines with men’s shopping club, JackThreads. The e-retailer is approaching 5 million members.