Articles by FOLIO: Magazine Staff
Takeaway: The Praetorian Group is merging traditional b-to-b publishing strategies with new technological foundations under Alex Ford.
• Farm Journal Media grew its print business while reducing dependence on print advertising—now less than a third of total revenue.
• By shunning traditional ad models and other ancillary revenue streams, BuzzFeed has nevertheless become a profitable business under Peretti, four years after it was founded.
• Yahoo has been on an acquisition tear under Mayer, buying more than 20 companies since she was named CEO last year, including Tumblr for $1.1 billion in May.
Takeaway: Utility and frequency are paramount as Penton transforms from a traditional b-to-b media company into a professional information services unit.
• Hanley Wood made key buys in data services and events with the purchases of market research firm, Metrostudy, and the Greenbuild International Expo.
• Moffly relaunched the regional media company’s sites this summer, leading to an immediate 5-percent bump in traffic.
• Virgo filled gaps in education services under Siefert, including the launch of the Infection Control Today Digital Summit.