• Nova oversees more than 1.7 million followers across New York’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Articles by FOLIO: Magazine Staff
• Young introduced an initiative to streamline the company’s CMS in order to make publishing simpler for editorial, product and technical teams.
Takeaway: McKinney and his design team have been nominated for several industry awards, and have transformed a regional title into a national brand.
• Growing to more than 26 million unique monthly visitors, Business Insider is on track to increase revenue by 80 percent this year.
• Salon posted a 43-percent year-over-year gain in net revenue, including a 57-percent increase in ad dollars, in the second quarter of 2013.
• Binn founded the luxe title in 2012, after heading Niche Media until 2010.
Takeaway: The Praetorian Group is merging traditional b-to-b publishing strategies with new technological foundations under Alex Ford.
• Farm Journal Media grew its print business while reducing dependence on print advertising—now less than a third of total revenue.
• By shunning traditional ad models and other ancillary revenue streams, BuzzFeed has nevertheless become a profitable business under Peretti, four years after it was founded.