Vanity Fair Publisher Moves to CondÃ© Nast Media Group President
Lou Cona out as CFO, CNMG President.
The seemingly endless summer of CondÃ© Nast corporate and executive activity continued on Aug. 21 with the announcement by four-year president Bob Sauerberg that Edward Menicheschi (pictured) was ending eight years as Vanity Fair VP and publisher to become president and chief marketing officer of CondÃ© Nast Media Group (CNMG)â€”the company's corporate sales unit.
Menicheschi is succeeding Lou Cona, who was with CNMG for six out of his 13 years with the company. In April 2013, the former InStyle, VF and The New Yorker publisher was promoted to CNMG president and chief revenue officer, and now-four-year CondÃ© Nast president Bob Sauerberg said at the time that Cona had turned CNMG "into a multidisciplined organization [that] delivers an expanding collection of assets to our clients."
Now, it is Menicheschi winning Sauerberg's praise for "posting extraordinary business results while leading VF's drive into cross-platform ad initiatives including digital, print, video and event activation." Further, the monthly produced "record revenue and profit performance in 2013" (sum not disclosed) with catalysts including VF's 21-year-old Academy Awards party becoming the culmination of a week-long series of events with many partnerships.
Earlier in his career, Menicheschi was president of Fairchild Fashion Media from 2001-2006 when W and Details were part of his purview and Mary Berner (now MPA president and CEO) was his boss. His being Vogue executive editor from 1992-1994 meant serving as an "editorial liaison" to now-26-year editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
Here's a recap of CN activity over the past month:
- CN chief operating officer and chief financial officer John Bellando and editorial director Tom Wallace leave the company; David Geithner (ex-Time Inc.) is the new CFO (July 23).
- Lucky enters into a co-venture with e-commerce specialist BeachMint (Aug. 11).
- CN executive VP and chief integration officer Drew Schutte becomes Details VP and publisher (Aug. 13).
- CN agrees to sell much of Fairchild Fashion Media to Penske Media Corp. (Aug. 19).
- Edward Menicheschi succeeds Lou Cona as CondÃ© Nast Media Group president and chief marketing officer (Aug. 21).