People on the Move | 1.9.14
New hires at Elle, GQ, The Huffington Post and more‚Ä¶
Michael B. Dougherty has joined the ranks of The Week as senior correspondent. Dougherty was most recently the national correspondent for The American Conservative.
Miranda Agee has joined Luxe Interiors + Design as a features editor. She was formerly market editor at New York Cottages & Gardens and Hamptons Cottages & Gardens.¬†
Lisa Valentino has been named chief revenue officer of Cond√© Nast Entertainment. Valentino most recently served as senior vice president of multimedia sales at ESPN.¬†
Ben Terris has left his previous position as National Journal staff correspondent to join the Washington Post‚Äôs style section as a political feature writer.¬†
Terri White has been named editor-in-chief at Time Out New York. White comes to the magazine from Life & Style Weekly where she served as executive editor.
GQ has hired John Jannuzzi as senior digital editor. Jannuzzi was previously the senior digital projects editor at Lucky.
Elle¬†has announced two new hires:
- Shilpa Prabhakar Nadella¬†has joined as associate fashion market editor. She previously served as assistant fashion editor at¬†InStyle Magazine.¬†
- Ruthie Friedlander¬†has been named deputy editor. She previously served as senior digital manager at¬†The Row.
Olivia Petersen has been promoted to director of public relations at Politico from her post as media and marketing manager.¬†
Scientific American has appointed Curtis Brainard as its blogs editor. Prior to joining¬†the magazine, Brainard was a staff writer for¬†Columbia Journalism Review.
Charles ‚ÄúChip" Schenck has been named vice president of programmatic sales and strategy at Meredith Digital. Schenck joins the Meredith Corporation from PubMatic where he served as vice president of publisher development.
Alyse Walsh left The Daily Beast as a reporter and producer to work as supervising producer at Tina Brown Live Media.
Quartz¬†has made staff changes:¬†
- Christopher Mims¬†has been promoted to technology, science and health editor. He was previously a science and technology correspondent.
- Mark DeCambre¬†has joined from¬†The New York Post¬†as a finance reporter.¬†
- Rachel Feltman¬†has been appointed to launch the medical and health beat as a reporter.
Kenneth Li, who recently departed Reuters as editor-at-large, has been named managing editor at Re/code.¬†
Kiki Von Glinow¬†has been promoted to managing entertainment editor at¬†The Huffington Post.¬† She previously served as senior celebrity editor.¬†