People on the Move | 1.30.14
New hires at Time Out New York, Traditional Home, Buzzfeed, and more...
Lori Sheldon has been named home furnishings director at Traditional Home. She most recently served as national home furnishings director at Luxe Interiors + Design.Â
TIME Magazine has expanded by three:
- Dan StewartÂ has joined as deputy editor on the continuous news desk. He was most recently senior editor atÂ The Week.Â
- Sam FrizellÂ has been hired as a breaking news reporter for TIME.com. He previously served as a reporter atÂ American Metal Market.Â
- Sam Lansky has been appointed deputy culture editor. Previously, he worked as senior editor at Idolator.
Mary Yost has been named editor at Columbus CEO. Yostâ€™s most recent role was public affairs director, Ohio for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
Paul Reulbach has joined San Francisco Magazine as publisher. He was previously publisher of Boston Magazine.
U.S. News & World Report has taken on new staff:
- Gary Emerling has joined as senior news editor. Most recently, he worked as a senior digital editor at WTOP-FM in Washington, D.C.Â
- Shannon Firth has joined as a reporter covering social issues and health care. Prior, she was a senior writer for Dulcinea Media.Â
Holly Woolard has been promoted to managing editor at Smart Meetings from her post as senior editor.
Clinton Kelly is now a contributing editor at Womanâ€™s Day. Kelly is co-host of ABCâ€™s The Chew and author of Freakinâ€™ Fabulous on a Budget.
Jarett WieselmanÂ has joinedÂ BuzzFeed as senior editor, entertainment. He previously served as editorial director at ETOnline.Â
Curtis Brainard has joined Scientific American as blogs editor. He was most recently a staff writer at Columbia Journalism Review.
Terri White has been named editor-in-chief of Time Out New York. White previously served as executive editor of Life & Style Weekly.
Rebecca Philps has joined Toronto Life Magazine as senior editor. She joins from Vancouver Magazine where she served as a senior editor and online editor.
Inc. Media has implemented staff changes:
- James Ledbetter has been named editor. Most recently, Ledbetter was op-ed editor at Thomson Reuters.
- John Donnelly has joined as publisher. Donnelly was most recently account director at Fortune.
- Editor-in-chief Eric Schurenberg will now also have the title of president.
New York Media has appointed Michelle Imbrogno Miller as executive director of integrated sales. She was most recently integrated sales director at American Express Publishing Corporate.
Garance Franke-Ruta has been appointed Washington editor at Yahoo News. She most recently served as senior politics editor at The Atlantic.
Post Comment / Discuss This Story - Info/Rulesblog comments powered by Disqus