Hearst Magazines announced that Kristine Welker has been named vice president, publisher and chief revenue officer of the company’s new pilot magazine collaboration with Dr. Mehmet Oz.
Todd Haskell has been hired to fill Welker’s former position as senior vice president and chief revenue officer of Hearst Magazines Digital Media. He had been vice president of advertising at The New York Times.
Andrew Lack has been named chairman at Bloomberg Media Group. He had been CEO there.
Bloomberg Media Group also announced that Justin Smith would take over Lack’s position as CEO. He had been president at Atlantic Media.
Cosmopolitan has hired Shiona Turini as fashion market director. Previously Turini served as the fashion market and beauty director at CR Fashion Book.
Kalmback Publishing Co. announced the promotion and new hiring of four staff members.
• Mark Savage has been promoted to associate publisher with oversight of five Kalmbach titles: American Snowmobiler, Classic Toy Trains, FineScale Modeler, Scale Auto.
• Mark Boncher has been promoted to editor of American Snowmobiler.
• Naomi Fujimoto has been named the new editor of Bead Style magazine.
• Sandy Zwick has joined Kalmbach as the manager of the newly formed Creative Services department. Prior to joining Kalmbach, Zwick was the Creative Services Manager for QBE North America in Sun Prairie.
Daniel Goldblatt has been named managing editor at Variety.com. He had been producer/coordinating producer at TMZ.
National Journal’s managing editor for politics, Josh Kraushaar, has been promoted to editor-in-chief of National Journal’s Hotline.
Melissa Kramer has been named fashion director at ESSENCE. She had been creative director and producer at UPTOWN.
Luxe Interiors + Design announced that Mimi Faucett will be joining the editorial team as market editor. Prior to joining Luxe, Faucett was the market assistant at Traditional Home.
Meredith Corporation has announced several promotions within the National Media Group.
• Christine Guilfoyle has been promoted to VP/group publisher. As part of her expanded position, Guilfoyle will add responsibility for Meredith’s newest title, Allrecipes magazine, which will be launching this fall.
• Linda Fears has been named VP/editor-in-chief of Family Circle. The promotion follows her eight-year role as editor-in-chief of the brand. Fears will also continue as editorial director of Meredith’s Food Content Center of Excellence.
• Cheryl Brown has been named editor-in-chief of Allrecipes magazine. Most recently, Brown served as editorial director of Recipe.com.
• Britta Cleveland has been promoted to SVP, Research Solutions. Cleveland joined Meredith in 2004, and most recently served as VP, Research Solutions.
Michelle Lee Ribeiro has been named editor and project director of custom content at Palm Beach Media Group. She will oversee content and production for the eight custom resort and club publications.
PGOA Media has appointed Andrew Becks to the newly-created position of vice president of audience development. Previously Becks was director of audience development at Scripps Network.
Sabine Feldmann has been appointed associate publisher at Glamour. She was previously publisher at More, Shape group publisher/chief brand officer and publisher at Teen Vogue.
Hanley Wood announced the appointment of Paul Silva as editorial director, Pool Group. Silva joins Hanley Wood from The Beach Reporter and PALOS Verdes Peninsula News, where he held roles as reporter, managing editor and most recently served as executive editor.
Erika Taylor, former editorial director, Pool Group at Hanley Wood, is going to become of editor in chief of Aquatics International.
Gail Reitenbach has been promoted to editor of TradeFair Group’s POWER magazine after 11 years as managing editor.
Owen Phillips is leaving his post as executive editor at The Hollywood Reporter to work on a start-up and consulting projects in entertainment and digital media with Jeff Stern’s Alegra Enterprises in Santa Monica, CA. Previously, Phillips helped launched The Wall Street Journal’s weekend magazine WSJ. as its deputy editor.