Time magazine serves up promotions and welcomes new recruits:
- Michael Lester is stepping in as an associate video producer. Since 2011, he has been the video editor for Talking Points Memo.
- Laura Hibbard joins in the newly-created position of audience engagement editor from the Huffington Post, where she oversaw the social media accounts for the company.
- Sarah Begley is now digital operations editor. She has previously worked at The Daily Beast and for Newsweek.
Most recently a reporter at PRWeek covering healthcare and public affairs, Virgil Dickson now joins Modern Healthcare, where he will cover policy and regulatory news.
Lauren Indvik is now co-editor-in-chief of Fashionista. She was most recently an associate business editor at Mashable, where she had been since 2010.
National Journal announced director-level staff changes:
- Kristin Roberts is now the managing editor. Prior to joining the company, Roberts was news editor and deputy bureau chief for Reuters’ Washington D.C. bureau.
- Alissa Swango is now director of digital news operations. Swango was previously the deputy digital editor for TribLocal and a digital news editor at chicagotribune.com.
- Sarah Micheli is now the director of digital engagement. She had previously been audience engagement manager at Parents.com.
Women’s Wear Daily announced two promotions this week:
- Alexandra Steigrad has been lifted to media editor. Steigrad previously served as accessories news editor and legal reporter at the publication.
- Roberta Correia is now web editor for WWD.com. She previously served as assistant online editor for the website.
Politico expands with two hires:
- Rick Berke is the new executive editor. He has been with The New York Times since 1986 and most recently served as senior editor and director of video for the newspaper.
- Todd Purdum is now a senior editor. Previously, he worked for The New York Times and Vanity Fair, where he will continue to serve as a contributing editor.