Kathleen Hou has been appointed beauty editor of New York Magazine’s fashion and lifestyle blog The Cut. Hou joins from The Upswing, where she served as beauty and wellness editor.
Hearst Magazines has announced that editorial operations for Country Living
will relocate to Birmingham, Alabama. Rachel Hardage Barrett, executive editor of Southern Living, has been appointed editor in chief, replacing Sarah Gray Miller.
Jonathan Shainin has been appointed news editor at The New Yorker. Shainin joins from The Caravan, where he served as senior editor since 2010.
Dan Wilmer has filled a newly created role at U.S. News & World Report as vice president and general manager of healthcare products. He previously served as a general manager at Everyday Health, Inc.
The Fader announced staff changes:
- Graham Heth rises from his role as advertising director to associate publisher.
- Melissa Rivera Sosa joins as advertising operations manager from The Nielsen Company, where she was format administrator.
- Alison Warren is now account manager. Warren previously held the position of account executive for amNewYork/Newsday Media Group.
- Jessica Robertson has joined as executive editor after serving as director of content for MTV Hive.
Forbes Media appointed Michael Solomon as editor of ForbesLife. Previously, Solomon was the executive editor for Byliner, a start-up digital publisher.
Hearst Corporation announced that Neeraj Khemlani and George Kliavkoff have been named co-presidents and group heads of Hearst Entertainment & Syndication. Khemlani was most recently senior vice president and chief creative officer of Hearst Corporation, while Kliavkoff rises from his former position of executive vice president and deputy group head of Hearst Entertainment & Syndication.
Lucia Davis is now social media manager at Obviously Social. Davis was
previously serving as PR News’ community editor—an Access Intelligence brand, parent company of FOLIO:.
Jessica Roy has been appointed newsfeed editor at TIME.com. She joins from The New
York Observer, which she served as tech reporter since 2012.
Kim Dixon is now the tax editor at POLITICO. She was most recently a Washington, D.C. correspondent for Reuters covering tax policy and regulation.
Jessie Price was promoted to editor-in-chief of EatingWell Magazine after serving as editorial director since July.
SheKnows announced two new staff additions:
- Doug Ferguson has joined the company as vice president of product. Ferguson comes from Prometheus Global Media, where he served as the general manager of digital
at Adweek and later as vice president of product at Billboard.
- Brett Jesso is the new Midwest sales director. Previously, Jesso led Midwest sales for BlogHer.
Garrett Sloane has joined Adweek as a technology reporter after serving as a technology reporter at the New York Post.
Nicole Palacios was lifted to editor of Inside Weddings magazine from her position as associate editor.
Glam Belleza Latina announced that beauty expert Kika Rocha has joined the magazine as a contributor. For 10 years Rocha was the well-respected and influential fashion & beauty director for People en Español. She is currently a judge on “Colombia’s Next Top Model.”