Relaunch Targets Readers with $2M Net Worth
Sandow Media title to carry $18.95 newsstand price.
Worth, the 18-year-old financial title that was acquired by Sandow Media last year,Â will relaunch this month with a new look, taglineâ€”and distribution model. The title will have an â€śinvitation-only readership,â€ť and serve a only select group of high net worth individuals.
Just how high? All recipientsâ€”ages 30 to 65â€”must have a minimum net worth of $2 million and, of course, an interest in financial subject matter.
"Most high net worth Americans are rethinking their investment strategies,â€ť CEO Adam I. Sandow, the magazine's new owner, said in a release. â€śThis heightened interest makes it an excellent time to execute a completely new vision of Worth.â€ť
Worth will be mailed to a high net worth database of 110,000 households in major markets, including Manhattan, Westchester County (New York), Fairfield County (Connecticut), Boston, Miami, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix-Scottsdale, San Francisco and Los Angeles. After the first issue, recipients will receive Worth every two months starting in October.
With a guaranteed rate base of 125,000 (up from 103,000), Worth will also be available on a limited basis at select newsstands with a cover price of $18.95 and via Sandow Media's exclusive network of 60 newsstands at private airports.
The Worth Web site will launch on June 1 in conjunction with the print publication.
In February, Sandow eliminated roughly 45 percent of the magazine's staff, reducing its headcount from 18 to 8. The company also said it would relocate Worth from New York to Boca Raton, Florida.Â