• Publishers must report print and digital circulation separately in applicable categories of circulation.
• All editorial and advertising content must be consistent with the print counterpart.
• Advertising may be sold either including or excluding the digital edition.
• Digital recipients must be notified (e.g., via e-mail) that their issue is available.
• Digital editions will qualify as paid circulation provided the publisher has documentation available to verify the request.
• Publishers converting existing print subscribers to digital service must provide an opt-in option to subscribers.
• Publishers must report digital circulation separately throughout the circulation statement.
• Individuals receiving both the print and digital versions shall be included only once.
• If a publisher opts to report downloads/views, logs and summaries must be provided with an identifier to indicate which recipient downloaded/viewed the title.
• To be considered a qualified recipient, the digital version subscriber must receive an alert that the issue is ready.
• Qualified digital distribution must be personally requested by the recipient or the recipient’s company. All demographic requirements still apply.